September 10 2015
Learning From Each Other: Gender Equality in Iceland and the U.S.
Learn how Iceland and the U.S. are working toward gender equality at Taste of Iceland in Seattle!
Iceland ranks #1 in the world in gender equality, with the U.S. not far behind, according to The Global Gender Gap Report 2013. This panel will focus on why and how the people of Iceland have achieved near equality between the genders, and how Americans have continued to close the gap in the U.S.
WHEN: Oct. 9 | 8:15am-12pm
WHERE: Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce | 1301 5th Avenue, Floor 15 | Seattle, WA | 98101
Conference Host: Margrét Gísladóttir, Account Manager, KOM PR
- 8:15-8:50 Registration, breakfast provided by Dahlia Bakery and networking
- 9:00-9:10 Welcome Remarks - Hlynur Gudjonsson, Consul General and Trade Commissioner, Consulate General of Iceland in New York
- 9:10-9:30 The Iceland Story
- 9:30-9:50 Gender Equality in the US: The Present and Future
- 9:50-10:30 Panel: Gender Equality Issues in Both Countries
- 10:30-10:45 Break
- 10:45-11:05 Challenges for Women in Business
- 11:05-11:45 Panel: Challenges for Women Business Owners Today
- 11:45-12 Closing Remarks: Patricia Lally, Director, City of Seattle Office for Civil Rights
About Taste of Iceland
Taste of Iceland returns to Seattle October 8-11 to celebrate various aspects of Icelandic culture. Seattleites will have the chance to experience authentic Icelandic cuisine at Dahlia Lounge, enjoy the annual Icelandic-American Reykjavik Calling concert, attend a gender equality panel and more during this four-day festival. RSVP on Facebook, join in the conversation on Twitter and Instagram by tagging @IcelandNatural with #TasteOfIceland and keep checking this page for updated information! Taste of Iceland in Seattle is presented by Iceland Naturally in cooperation with Icelandair, Reyka Vodka, Blue Lagoon, Visit Reykjavik, Icelandic Glacial, Promote Iceland, Ölgerðin Egill Skallagrímsson, Iceland Airwaves, Dahlia Lounge, KEXP and Neumos.