March 31 2015
Icelandic Singer Ólöf Arnalds Announces U.S. Tour Dates
Ólöf is classically trained on the violin, viola and self-taught on guitar and charango.
Ólöf Arnalds is an Icelandic singer/songwriter and indie musician who has been active within the Icelandic music scene for quite some time. Throughout the month of April, Ólöf has a series of shows scheduled in various cities across the United States. The Icelandic artist has a total of four albums released to date: “Palme,” “Við og Við,” “Innundir Skinni,” and “Sudden Elevation.” Her most recent album, “Palme” is available on Amazon, iTunes and Spotify.
Ólöf is classically trained on the violin, viola and self-taught on guitar and charango, yet her most distinctive asset is her voice. Some describe her vocal quality as “A voice instantly captivating, spring water chasteness possessed of a magical, otherworldly quality that is simultaneously innocent yet ancient.” Renowned Icelandic artist Bjork described Ólöf’s voice as “somewhere between a child and an old woman.” You have to hear her sing to understand! Check out her song “Patience” below.
See below for a list of her upcoming shows in the United States:
- April 06: Union Transfer - Philadelphia, PA
- April 07: 9:30 Club - Washington, DC
- April 08: Music Hall of Williamsburg - Brooklyn, NY
- April 10: Webster - New York, NY
- April 11: Paradise - Boston, MA
- April 14: Lincoln Hall - Chicago, IL
- April 16: Cedar Cultural Center - Minneapolis, MN
- April 17: Cedar Cultural Center - Minneapolis, MN
- April 18: Majestic - Madison, WI
- April 21:Gothic Theatre - Englewood, CO
- April 22: Depot - Salt Lake City, UT
- April 24: Wonder Ballroom - Portland, OR
- April 27: Bimbos - San Francisco, CA
- April 28: Bimbo’s 365 Club - San Francisco, CA
- April 29: Regent - Los Angeles, CA
- April 30: The Regent Theater, DTLA - Los Angeles, CA
Tickets are running out quickly so make sure to purchase yours soon!